4 Tips to Get the Most Out of Your ATV Rental
Whether you are going out on your first ATV/UTV ride or a seasoned expert visiting without your own machine, it’s always a good idea to know what you can do to have the most fun experience. Check out the following 4 tips to get the most out of your ATV rental so you can be sure you will have the best time possible.
1) Safety First
You hear it a lot, but the reality is we often place this critical factor below fun and adventure. One of the biggest dampers on a day filled with excitement is an accident that could have been avoided or handled better. Taking time to complete a safety training or refresher course is an excellent investment in ensuring that everyone safely and healthily returns home! Safety training may be as simple as taking a guided tour and asking questions. Yet, it could be as advanced as getting your Wilderness First Responder certification if you spend lots of time in remote areas. There are many levels of experience, so don’t be afraid to play it safe.
2) Bring The Right Gear
While Adrenaline Drive Adventures provides most of the gear you will need, there are still things that you should have with you to ensure a fun time. The following list is just a starting point:
- WATER, NUTRITIONAL DRINKS, ETC. THINK HYDRATION.
- CONTAINER WITH FOOD AND SNACKS. REFRESH YOUR ENERGY.
- LIGHT COAT, HAT, SUNSCREEN.
- EYE PROTECTION – GOGGLES, GLASSES, ETC.
- HELMETS. PROTECT YOUR NOGGIN.
- TIE DOWNS. LEAVE NO TRACE.
- HIKING/OUTDOOR/CLOSED-TOE SHOES. GET OUT & CHECK THINGS OUT
- MAPS & BOOKS. KNOW WHERE YOU ARE.
- ELECTRONICS – PHONE, CAMERA, GPS, ETC
Remember, this is not comprehensive. Never be afraid to bring something and ask our skilled staff if you should include it on your excursion. It is much better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
3) Familiarize Yourself with the Area
We will help familiarize you with the Western Slope Backcountry (where we operate) and the endless possibilities awaiting you and your group. Whether you want to explore historic mines, experience breathtaking views, or challenge your off-road driving skills, we will help you plan your mission. Of course, we will provide you with:
- A Polaris RZR equipped with Bluetooth technology and a mapping system that clearly shows landmarks, intersections, forks in the road, and water crossing
- A detailed paper map of the area (technology is great but can have issues)
- All emergency contact information
Even though we do our best to provide you with the most effortless guidelines, having that extra knowledge is always helpful.
4) Wear the Right Clothes
Function or fashion? This age-old question is pretty simple to answer for us, function. Riding ATVs, Dirt bikes, and UTVs is active work and having full range of motion and protection is critical in having fun. You can definitely still look good while doing these activities, at least we think so. Look here for proof. While it might seem simple, this really can make or break a day out on the trails. Wearing clothes that are comfortable and allow movement is crucial to enjoying your day.
At Adrenaline Driven Adventure, our passion is to help you have a safe and adrenaline-packed adventure. If you still have any questions about what to do before you show up, click here or call (970) 623-3UTV.